Baqua -> BBB conversion

Current test shows:
FC: 0
CC: 2

Off to add more chlorine after the sun goes down.
One question for the group, every night my FC is at 0 - is this normal? My CC is slowly dropping and I haven't changed the sand or added any CYA yet. I thought I needed to wait until the CC was at .5 for 2 days in a row, right?

Alright, new photos for the night! Vacuumed more today so we're looking much cleaner...
Day5_1.jpg

Day5_2.jpg

Day5_3.jpg

Day5_4.jpg

Day5_5.jpg

Day5_6.jpg

You're still 3x's the limit on passing thus explaining some of the lost FC's. This year upon opening I tested my CYA level at around 15 as I only added very little last year as I knew I'd lose some over the winter. I've been passing the OCLT and my CC's are 0 (waters not clear however) and I've been losing 6-7FC's per day. With a 0 CYA level a large amount of the chlorine is going to the sun, thus explaining the point of making sure all is filtering and shocking at night.

Gotcha - Makes perfect sense Leebo. I'll keep the chlorine going until I get the CC down to the .5 level. Any idea how long it normally takes? Was thinking of changing the sand this weekend, but if I need to wait until my CC's are down, I'll get it on the calendar for next weekend :)

I really don't know either of those questions.....so I'll leave it to the smart crowd. We use a DE filter and on a good day towards the end we would only get one full day out of it before having to take it apart and re-clean everything. I would think it would be OK to change it in a few days.....but I wouldn't listen to me either.

................ My CC is slowly dropping and I haven't changed the sand or added any CYA yet. I thought I needed to wait until the CC was at .5 for 2 days in a row, right?

from Pool School conversion article said:
7. When you lose 1 ppm of chlorine, or less, overnight it is time to clean out your filter and change the media. Once the filter is cleaned up, add enough CYA to reach 30 ppm. Continue to maintain FC at 15 ppm.

8. Your conversion is complete when CC's are 0.5 or less two days in a row.

9. You are now ready to review Recommended Levels and ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and begin balancing your water.

Well heck.....took me about 8 months and I JUST added enough stabilizer to get to 30cya.

Looks like its time for an OCLT here very soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.