Dallas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hi, we are having a very simple rectangular pool put into our mid century modern home. With limited space, a linear pool is the most space efficient design. Overall, it’s about 13x27 with a 7x7 spa inset.

Could I get some opinions on having the Baja/spa on the shallow end vs the deep end? If we put it on the shallow side closest to the house, it would give us an unobstructed deep end to cannon ball into but limit the entry space into the shallows. If we put it on the deep end, it would allow us to have a wide shallow side to enter from but place the Baja on deep side and limit the cannonball side.

Please forgive me for using the term baja as I know it’s a glorified entry.

Bonus question, excluding the spa/shelf, we should have about 19x13 pool area. We are thinking 4-5.5/6 feet. We don’t have kids now but could see having at least one in the next few years. Depth and slope -wise, do we design an adult pool, a pool deep enough to jump in, or a jack or all / master of none?

Thank you

Last edited:
Here's my newfound opinion on "baja shelfs". I know they are the thing, and we got it to be great for the little ones to get wet and great for adults to lounge. We are only into our first season so time will tell, but so far, the kids don't go near it and it's of no interest to the adults. It will be more an ornament with lounger chairs and bubblers that I feel will never be utilized when compared to pool use. I would love more to have the extra swim and play room back, myself.

In that vein, the second pic gives you the most usable amount of pool.

Last edited:
I'm also in the 'you are building a swimming pool' camp. I love looking at everybody's backyard oasis. Heck, I'd love seeing it in my own backyard the 95% of the time it's sitting unused. But when I hop in that pool, the oasis parts like ledges and waterfalls do nothing for swimming. If I feel like lounging, that's what floats are for and the same applies.

Your backyard / your funds / your dream tho. I'll cheer and high five you with however you go. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.