Centerville, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hey y’all my pool is balanced - pic of numbers from last night. But we had a HORRIBLE storm come through. Trees down everywhere, we were without power for a day and my pool was TRASHED. My main question is should I up my chlorine more since it had so much junk in it for 2 days? If so, how high should I go, and for how long.

When storm came through & knocked power out, I dumped 1/2 gallon of bleach in (previous reading of FC was 5)

Next day we came home to look at the damage and I had limbs covering the entire bottom of the pool - it was THICK. We scooped out the big stuff.

Our power came back on, we got the rest of the stuff out, and I ran my robot last night multiple times, and tested water.

Here’s some pics of day 2 of cleaning near the end - my arms were SO sore 😂 I made my kid get in with goggles and finish. It was awful!!!

I plan on cleaning my filters beginning of next week - we have to go help people clear downed trees so I won’t get a chance till then. Here’s a photo of how think the limbs were in the yard — I didn’t get any of the pool before we cleaned it up.

Attachments

• IMG_9010.jpeg
    IMG_9010.jpeg
    685.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9011.jpeg
    IMG_9011.jpeg
    829.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9018.jpeg
    IMG_9018.jpeg
    189.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3076.jpeg
    IMG_3076.jpeg
    930.9 KB · Views: 35
An FC of 9 is fine for now. Once you have all the last of the junk out of the pool, I would suggest doing an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. If there is anything to worry about from an algae perspective, the OCLT will let you know.

• Love
Reactions: Sunbaby
Looking good! It wouldn't hurt to go to SLAM level for a day or 2 but seems it is under control. For sure test daily if not more often until you are sure it is 5x5 again.

If you have a SWG pool, cannot you just run super chlorinate for 24 hours? Not sure the need for adding things.
I added bleach because we didn’t have power and I wanted to make sure it was high FC. Should I switch over to super chlorinate now? It’s hovering at 9 FC my output is 40% but I did add the bleach at the beginning.

I added bleach because we didn’t have power and I wanted to make sure it was high FC. Should I switch over to super chlorinate now? It’s hovering at 9 FC my output is 40% but I did add the bleach at the beginning.

I would only superchlorinate when your chlorine levels are too low and you expect activity that will drive it further down (people using pool, you know a storm is coming that could trash the pool....in the future, heavy rain, etc...). Best to let things level out with what you have done, test once a day and plan to go back to routine SWG % levels (whatever they were running at before the storm).

• Love
I found through many tropical storms and such that any fresh debris didn't affect me like the decaying crud after a long winter would.

If your FC holds fine, you're fine. Get the leaves out at your earliest convenience and it'll be like it never happened. Gald you made it through relatively unscathed. :)

*shameless plug for #teamrunhot. You could dump 2 inches of rain in my pool and strip me of power for 2 days and I'd be fine. While it costs me a little bit of cell life, I have come to LOVE that safety net. If it saves one SLAM, it's a wash.

• Love

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.