Bad pump corrosion or just salt?

That is the way leaking pool pumps corrode, salt or not.

Reactions: kevreh
My pump was seizing up. Wasn’t expecting this when I took it apart. I *think* it’s salt, but really don’t want to taste test it. :sick:

Not sure if this is normal with salt pools or indicates a leak. Either way I replaced it with a vgreen vs pump and a new go kit.
Leaking motor-shaft seal. If you EVER see water at the bottom of the pump you need to suspect the seal and get it taken care of sooner rather than later. You have an expensive motor now and need to protect it.

Leaking motor-shaft seal. If you EVER see water at the bottom of the pump you need to suspect the seal and get it taken care of sooner rather than later. You have an expensive motor now and need to protect it.
Is the seal the part with the ceramic ring? Yep yep, need to keep an eye on this new one. Maybe I’ll disconnect it and bring it inside every winter so I can inspect it.

Thanks!

Reactions: 1poolman1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.