Bad Capacitor or other?

Pantseatflyer

Silver Supporter
May 29, 2018
Farmington, AR
I have a Pentair 2 speed superflo pump model SF-N2-1A/340042. Motor is a 196030.

It was running this morning when I turned it off, then cleaned out the basket. Went to restart and it just hummed. and then nothing (I have always had issues with it humming when it kicks off, but it eventually retries and starts)

Now... nothing.. no humming. I pulled the capacitor. Checked with a multimeter and it is charging, but was curious if my cap has always been low rated (25uf at 50/60Hz and 370VAC)

The shaft turns freely and is not frozen.

I ordered another cap, will get here Wednesday. It's rated at 35uf at 370VAC 450VAC.

Hopefully, this is what it is.! Any feedback is appreciated!

Reactions: jeffchap
I have a Pentair 2 speed superflo pump model SF-N2-1A/340042. Motor is a 196030.

It was running this morning when I turned it off, then cleaned out the basket. Went to restart and it just hummed. and then nothing (I have always had issues with it humming when it kicks off, but it eventually retries and starts)

Now... nothing.. no humming. I pulled the capacitor. Checked with a multimeter and it is charging, but was curious if my cap has always been low rated (25uf at 50/60Hz and 370VAC)

The shaft turns freely and is not frozen.

I ordered another cap, will get here Wednesday. It's rated at 35uf at 370VAC 450VAC.

Hopefully, this is what it is.! Any feedback is appreciated!
Starting on High or Low?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.