Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Normally in mid-summer l get just a trace of CC. Adding R-003 makes just a hint of pink. I think it's the surrounding 40 foot evergreens. They're always shedding bits.

Lately with the wildfires in Canada and bad air quality, thunderstorms that drop over 1/10" seem to be associated with CC spikes up to 1.0 and an extra 2 ppm or so of FC depletion. Keeping FC at upper side of target range brings it back down to in a day or two. I don't remember this in previous summers.

Just asking... Is this pretty normal? Has anyone else seen it? Thanks.

I've seen similar this year. Last year was 8 degrees above average here, and a drought with blazing blue skies most days. I didn't blink when it took 60% of the 2X capacity to maintain FC. (Which it stayed on that setting from June to Sept instead of the 3 or 4 usual weeks). I rarely had .5CCs.

This year I have consistant .5 CCs and the 60% has needed to be raised about once a week.

The lowest my FC has been was high target, so I'm about as comfortable as I can be that it's the rain and wildfire combo.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.