Bigtymetexan

Jan 9, 2021
The Woodlands, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Lately, my backup valve is always on. The Polaris never makes the rounds now in open areas as the wheels are trying to pull forward but the backup valve is constantly engaged with strong reverse pressure.

Mine is a Pentair Racer (Pentair Racer) and the backup valve looks embedded into the hose itself and not removable.

Does it need to be replaced or can it be fixed?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Lately, my backup valve is always on. The Polaris never makes the rounds now in open areas as the wheels are trying to pull forward but the backup valve is constantly engaged with strong reverse pressure.

Mine is a Pentair Racer (Pentair Racer) and the backup valve looks embedded into the hose itself and not removable.

Thanks in advance!
The nuts that hold the valve to the hose are actually threaded to the hose, just unscrew (lefty-loosey) from the hose and pull the valve off.

Pentair Kreepy Krauly Racer LS Pool Cleaner Backup Valve Kit 360428​

Thanks in advance!
You should be

Thanks in advance!
Get a new valve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.