Central California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Can anyone share their experience with AZPools? They have a great offer on something I want to buy, but I have never used them before.

Any warranty experiences?

EDIT: Since I asked this question, I ended up giving them a try. See post #5 below for the full review.

Last edited:
AZ pool supply ?

Posts 1, 41 and 93

AZ pool supply ?

Posts 1, 41 and 93

Thanks, but you never actually purchased from them? I like their handling of your sitch, but I'm curious how they do with warranty service, or returns. Thanks for supplying the post numbers!

Reactions: newdude
Thanks, but you never actually purchased from them?
I tried to but the shortages stopped it. We waited it out a bit and it wasn't going to happen. Instead of holding me ransom they refunded me when I asked on the spot.

So for my sample size of *1*, they handled my problem as well as they could.

Hang tight for more thoughts. And keep us posted as always. (y)

Reactions: Dirk
OK, well, lesson learned. I am having very much the opposite experience with AZ Pool Shop. And it's quite possible @Newdude and I are describing two different companies. There is an AZ Pool Supplies (AZ Pool Supplies, Inc. Swimming Pool Supply Store.), but I purchased from AZ Pool Shop (https://azpoolshop.com).

The original name of this thread was "AZPools" and I have edited it to "AZ Pool Shop, a bad experience" because that is what I am having.

After some exchanges, I can't even access their website. I'm just getting error messages. Perhaps that will clear in the morning. Or maybe he blocked me? I have no idea.

Anyway, I ordered a Pentair Rebel model 360486 from AZ Pool Shop. It arrived fairly quickly. I was charged $222.94 for the Rebel, plus tax and $28.98 for shipping. What I originally thought was a good price for just the Rebel vac head turned out to be $273.10.

Anyway, I opened the small box and found a receipt and the Rebel, wrapped in a USPS envelope as "padding," and that's it. The unit was not in any sort of Pentair packaging, and was, IMO, inadequately packed for safe delivery. I noticed right away debris on the tires, but not just in one spot, as if it had been set down for a minute, but rather all around the tires, as if it had been rolled along the ground (or in a pool). Also there was a very obvious gouge in the handle. All pointing to a questionable history for this particular unit.

Is it used? Refurbished? Mishandled? Factory reject? Who knows? As a general rule, if something I get online is not in its factory package, it goes back.

So I wrote AZ Pool Shop, expressed the same story, and asked for a new unit to be crossed shipped, or for a full refund.

I was pointed to a return policy webpage (which I can no longer reach), stating a 20% restocking fee and that I'd only be refunded the cost of the Rebel, not for shipping in either direction.

I responded that that was unacceptable, and that I would take this up with VISA as a dispute. I don't mind even unreasonable refund rules if I changed my mind, or mis-ordered, or otherwise was to blame for my own dissatisfaction. But I ordered correctly and got a damaged product. I expect a vendor to make that right at no expense to me.

The person who dealt with me did not agree, so we are at an impasse. His response to my initial description of the problem and what I expected as a resolution:

On May 30, 2023, at 2:26 PM, AZ Pool Shop <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi,
I don't agree with you.
We never ship and send products.
The product sent to you is 100% brand new and I'm not sure why you think that way...
So I sent him photos of the damage and of the inadequate shipping, he responded:
On May 30, 2023, at 2:41 PM, AZ Pool Shop <[email protected]> wrote:
Again, yes we opened the box, packed it and shipped it to you.
It is 100% brand new.
You don't like the item, return it, but with all the respect, you are wrong.
For our full shipping and return policy and instructions on how to make a return, that you read and agreed to before making the order, follow the link below:::
https://azpoolshop.com/shipping-returns/
Thank you!
After I rebutted that his return policy was not acceptable, based on the photo of the damage, he responded:
On May 30, 2023, at 7:01 PM, AZ Pool Shop <[email protected]> wrote:
We did not ship any defective item.
We shipped and delivered a BRAND NEW PRODUCT THAT IS NOT DEFECTIVE!
Again and again and again, the item shipped to you was brand new 100%
After explaining that I intended to (1) write this review and (2) let VISA handle the matter, he called me on the phone. Eventually he got frustrated with my point of view, and agreed to accept the return and he'd pay all the shipping and refund the total amount. Which is what I agreed to. Being born somewhat before yesterday, I emailed him this:
On May 30, 2023, at 7:29 PM, [dirk] wrote:
As per our conversation at about 7:00pm on May 30, 2023, you agreed to accept the return of the Rebel cleaner, and agreed to give me a full refund (no restocking fee), including all shipping, both ways. Please acknowledge this arrangement before I send the unit back by replying and agreeing to this email.
He responded:
On May 30, 2023, at 7:40 PM, AZ Pool Shop <[email protected]> wrote:
Send the product back, we will examine and refund accordingly.
Well, that was suspicious so I again insisted on him putting in writing that he would give me a full refund. Anyway, this went back and forth for a while, him not writing in an email what he promised on the phone, and me not willing to return the item without those assurances. I can only assume, once in possession of the unit, he'll be free to make up anything he wants to about that phone call. As I've stated here ad nauseam: get it in writing! Two way shipping plus 20% would be a little over $100!!

So I'll wait to hear from him tomorrow, but I can see where this is going to end up. I'll let VISA deal with it.

More to the point:

I cannot recommend AZ Pool Shop.

More importantly, I made some critical errors.
- I based my decision to try them because of price. Not always a great idea.
- I also based my decision based on a story from a fellow TFP member, but that story didn't include an actual purchase or any sort of return service experience, so really it was not something for me to base anything on.
- I most likely am dealing with a different company than my TFP buddy did, making his story completely irrelevant. It didn't occur to me that there would be two online pool stores with "AZ Pool" in their name.
- I didn't read their return policy. I'm not sure I somehow agreed to it while completing the order, but I also did not expect to receive a Pentair product in non-Pentair packaging. Again, that possibility just didn't occur to me.
- I didn't check out BBB. AZ Pool Shop has nothing but complaints on their BBB page. And while I've said many times that BBB is not a trustworthy source of ratings, it is far more likely to be something to pay attention to when the ratings are negative. It's BBB's positive ratings that mean nothing, but a negative rating might very well mean something.

So lesson learned. If you're thinking of using an unknown online store, either do a good job of vetting them, or pay a little more and use a known commodity instead.

If AZ Pool Shop decides to do the right thing, I will update this review with any and all praise they'd deserve, but until then:

AZ Pool Shop: (n)(n)

• Sad
Reactions: Ahultin
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.