AZ Pool Build

Have you measured your well water parameters - pH/CH/TA ? I assure you, it’s possible to run an SWG even in high hardness water. My first cell, 8 year service life, spent most of those years with the pool water calcium hardness between 650ppm to nearly 1500ppm. And the cell remained clean and operational the entire time. It’s a matter of preventative maintenance and proper pool care. Most pool owners don’t properly care for their pools and leave it up to service techs that do an even worse job at it. Then they wonder why things go bad … if a person never changes the oil in their car until the low oil service light comes on, is that the person you should be taking advice on auto care from?
Agred w maintenance, but that goes for everything. Problem is there are only so many hrs in a day and you cant do it all.

Question though, why must he install a SWG? Can you give me one maybe two reasons why it is better or makes more sense to add a SWG over simple chlorination?

I have explained my argument, or side. Simply put, you end with same (chlorine in your pool) and added benefit of having another system to monitor, maintain and play with, at additional startup cost. When i put it like that 90% of ppl who wanted SWG change their mind, because they a. did not know it uses chlorine to sanitize, and b. they thought it was healthier.

Have you measured your well water parameters - pH/CH/TA ? I assure you, it’s possible to run an SWG even in high hardness water. My first cell, 8 year service life, spent most of those years with the pool water calcium hardness between 650ppm to nearly 1500ppm. And the cell remained clean and operational the entire time. It’s a matter of preventative maintenance and proper pool care. Most pool owners don’t properly care for their pools and leave it up to service techs that do an even worse job at it. Then they wonder why things go bad … if a person never changes the oil in their car until the low oil service light comes on, is that the person you should be taking advice on auto care from?
I have to echo Matt's experience. I ran a salt pool for about 3 years at my previous house. I watched TFP parameters like a hawk and after 3 years % power never changed and run time was about the same entire time. I'm sure it would have declined over time but no visible build up so I never even had to clean it. Ran CSI slightly negative the entire time. Also kept CYA at 80 so the cell didn't have to work as hard. My experience with pool services and "technicians" is that only one of the ones I spoke with had a clue about real pool chemistry. And none of them understood how to set/operate a salt pool. I recommended a few come here to learn. Never heard back from them though.

Chris

Reactions: Stija