Autopilot DIG220 Fried Board

The Automatic Temperature Compensation feature does that, but keep an eye on the temperature and output levels. If it drops, you should see the output % drop too. Likewise, when the temps rise, the output should rise too. However, it is in 5 degree increments. i.e. If it goes from 80 degrees to 85 degrees, you would expect it to increase about 25% of what the output level was at 80 degrees.
I will make sure Robert gets the thanks he deserves from you.

Thank you Sean! I thought I was seeing Ghosts in the Machine!

Now I have one more question, if I have produced too much chlorine, say 5.5 when tops is 4.5 and I want to get down to say 4, how do I circumvent this temperature compensation feature to get it to produce less chlorine? Sorry if this is a basic question, I am trying to stabilize this new pool pilot, my recollection was that the old unit did not produce enough chlorine on power #1, so this unit is on #2. I seem to be producing too much chlorine, should I put it back to #1?, this is a 25,000 gallon pool with full sun all day. Any suggestions appreciated.

Adjust your Purifier % lower, in 10% increments. What % are you currently set to?
Again, make note of the water temperature when the % changes occur. If its changing without an observed temp change, then something else is going on.
You're not able to disable the automatic temperature compensation feature.

Can I ask exactly how you got rid of that error? I have a brand new unit my PM installed last year but it was late in the season so we never hooked it up or tested anything. Now that the season is here it's showing that error and when I asked him about it he has no idea and put a call into one of his techs and also AutoPilot themselves. From your reading it just was never setup properly I'm hoping. So if you can help me that would be great. And HOW to get into menu as you mentioned the manual doesn't work but you didn't say how to do it.....

Appreciated
Bob

mikeconnor said:
I hooked up the Pool Pilot Digital and after a little difficulty getting into the installer menu (manual states to press and hold SELECT for 13 seconds, and that does nothing), it was necessary to find the trick on THIS SITE of holding the MENU button plus using the arrow, I was getting the error code "purify off, acid off, check OpEC" which shows up nowhere in the manual as to how to get past that. I was under the impression that the default was PURIFIER MODE so it would not be looking for a chemistry controller. ANYWAY…. All is good once I got into the installer menu and its running great.

Bob,
Call me when you can be in front of your system and I'll walk you through getting it set up.
The trick to getting into the INSTALLER MENU is to press and hold the SELECT button for approx 13- 15 seconds. Basically, when the INSTALLER MENU display comes on, its on the bottom line of the display. After the 13- 15 seconds, it should switch from the bottom line to the top line. When it does, you can release the Select Button. From there, you should be able to access the rest of the menu selections. For the 75003 Digital, it's factory set for Total Control Mode. Without the other components for the Total Control System, this should be changed to Purifier Mode.
My cell is 954-325-3859.
Or if you want, email me directly. [email protected]

Thanks a million but I actually figured it out myself as I read the manual front to back and figured it all out. Amazing thing is my pool rep had no idea and had to call AutoPilot tech support of which still didn't call him back as of this morning

Poolsean said:
Bob,
Call me when you can be in front of your system and I'll walk you through getting it set up.
The trick to getting into the INSTALLER MENU is to press and hold the SELECT button for approx 13- 15 seconds. Basically, when the INSTALLER MENU display comes on, its on the bottom line of the display. After the 13- 15 seconds, it should switch from the bottom line to the top line. When it does, you can release the Select Button. From there, you should be able to access the rest of the menu selections. For the 75003 Digital, it's factory set for Total Control Mode. Without the other components for the Total Control System, this should be changed to Purifier Mode.
My cell is 954-325-3859.
Or if you want, email me directly. [email protected]

Now the only questions I have are which sensor do I trust? The AutoPilot says the water temp is 74° but I have two pool thermometers in the pool and they both say 70°. Next is the salt salinity, pool say 3500ppm while my AquaCheck test strips says 2310 and the pool store Leslie's digital says 2600ppm.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
oohnoo said:
oh I know that, just not sure which one to believe, especially the salt test. Mine with the test strips or the pool store with their digital tester

FWIW, in the beginning of the season I checked my salt level with the strips, brought a sample to the pool store where they tested with strips and a Myron meter, and checked the reading on my AutoPilot.

My strips, and both of the stores tests matched within 100, my (previously calibrated last season) AutoPilot was pretty far off. I think it had something to do with the temp of the water when I calibrated vs what it was when I tested this season. Once I matched the AutoPilot to the other 3 tests, the salt level calibration % is actually now 0, so the sensor seems to be perfect compared to everything else. At that point the water temp was 78 degrees....it was really off back when the water was about 65 (just opened).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.