Automation and Landscape Lighting

I think LEDs solve the low votage problem too. A really bright LED is about 13 Watts. You can install a bunch of LEDs on a single home run and they all work at 100% light output.

I know what you mean about the color output from LEDs. I recently changed out one light bulb in out kitchen with a 'Daylight' color scale CFL. It was a huge difference from the 'Soft White' CFL. I don't know what color temperature the standard LEDs run.

I'm at $.24 kwh in my current tier; it will probably jump up to $.28 with the pool. I have not calculated the number of lights and the number of hours.

The LED lights work pretty well for any area or path lights. With the incandescent lamps, those are generally 20 watts so an LEd would work just fine. For bullet type spot lighting for shrubery, or structures, I think the incandescent are still the way to go. The LED's just wouldnt throw enough light i don't think. If someone has them for that kind of lighting i'd be interested to see how they work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.