Automating my spillway - Seeking Advice

THIS is the only time I've seen someone be successful in running more that 4 valve actuators on an EasyTouch. I guess if you knew you wanted more valve control from the beginning, the IntelliTouch would be the better choice, but many (including myself) didn't think that was the case and now long for more customization.

There is another way to modify the EasyTouch to control more valves, but it requires the replacement of an existing Aux relay with a 2-speed motor relay ($100) for each new circuit. You are limited to whatever you can program an Aux relay to do.

I'll dig it up if anyone needs it.

Jim R.

That is a viable option but it is much less expensive to use a SPDT 24V relay which serves the same purpose. Looks like they can be had for under $15.

This has somewhat wandered off from simple to very complex. In the OP's (His Grace) situation, he can program his spillway as a feature circuit and schedule it to run whenever he pleases, all without touching a single wire, repositioning anything or purchasing an additional valve actuator...The way Pentair intended the spillway function to operate.

I prefer to be referred to as "His Excellence" or "Oh Magnanimous One", "OP" is so pedestrian....

Actually you guys are fascinating me with all your hacks. I think we should have an entirely new thread section in the forum labeled "Pentair Automation Hacks". You guys can be lead Mods for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.