CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
hey everyone. Looking into an automatic pool cover. Are there options after install? I have seen some with frames outside the pool, but id rather have something integrated into the pool below the coping. Doesn anyone have any recommendations? Im sure I may have to remove some coping sections to install all of the equipment, and that's fine.

I'm pretty sure it can be done, but it won't be easy or cheap. Rails can be installed under your existing coping if the overhang is wide enough for them. That's probably the easy part. You'll have to demolish the coping at the deep end to install the vault which holds the motor and reel, and run electric wire to that.

Coverstar says this about one of its models:

The CS3000 automatic pool cover can be integrated with new and existing pools of all shapes and sizes and can cover pools up to 65-feet in length.

I recommend you consult a professional installer who could visit your pool and tell you how feasible it is for your specific pool and maybe provide a cost estimate.

How much space do you have between the top of your liner and the bottom of your coping? Usually with a liner pool there is little, if any, space.

I'm pretty sure it can be done, but it won't be easy or cheap. Rails can be installed under your existing coping if the overhang is wide enough for them. That's probably the easy part. You'll have to demolish the coping at the deep end to install the vault which holds the motor and reel, and run electric wire to that.

Coverstar says this about one of its models:

I recommend you consult a professional installer who could visit your pool and tell you how feasible it is for your specific pool and maybe provide a cost estimate.
thanks, i have to find some brands and find an installer in my area.

How much space do you have between the top of your liner and the bottom of your coping? Usually with a liner pool there is little, if any, space.
there is not much space, the coping overhangs a bit, so not sure if there are "undermount" options. I know ill be re-doing some coping on the deep end, likely digging a fair amount too rin order to fit all of the equipment.

The cover track is fastened to the top of the pool wall before the coping is installed. I think you will need to have the coping removed to install the cover track. That will probably raise the coping up a bit which may effect how the coping aligns with your deck.

All that will probably cost you a new liner.

My coping is the old-fashioned bullnose brick. My autocover rails are simply screwed into the underside of the bricks.

But remember the TFP Motto, "Every pool is different."

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.