Autofill Canister Missing Liner?

cookie.monster

Mar 27, 2022
Phoenix, Arizona
Hi All,

Since swapping my pool to salt a system I've been noticing I seem to need to add more salt person than I would expect which led me down the road of leak investigation. I went out to adjust the autofill valve for a lower water level today (this is why the float is below water level in the pictures) and now I'm starting to suspect this could be from the autofill canister. The canister is concrete and it doesn't have any liner on the inside and I can see where the concrete appears wet above the water level due to the concrete absorbing the water.

Is this a normal situation for an autofill? If not, any recommendations on how to proceed?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    721.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    786.9 KB · Views: 9
Welcome to TFP.

Looks like that builder installed the budget autofill and cut corners not buying a canister.

I think you will have a problem installing a liner in there.

I would waterproof the hole with a waterproof membrane like Basecrete...

Welcome to TFP.

Looks like that builder installed the budget autofill and cut corners not buying a canister.

I think you will have a problem installing a liner in there.

I would waterproof the hole with a waterproof membrane like Basecrete...

Thanks, the other thing to note is the equalizer line does has a 3/4 female thread in the cement basin. Is there any smaller type of canister I could install instead?

Thanks, the other thing to note is the equalizer line does has a 3/4 female thread in the cement basin. Is there any smaller type of canister I could install instead?

I don't know. You are going to need to search around and see if you can find a canister that will fit the hole.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.