Arbor

Jul 9, 2023
Southern Utah
Hello, New pool owner here who made the mistake of cleaning my dirt crusted automatic pool cover with SOS pads (the pool cover is 3 years old). At the time, I could not budge the built up red dirt of Southern Utah. Yes, I feel foolish now!

After using the SOS pads, the light gray cover was spotless for days. Then after a heavy rain, brown and dark purple line and circular stains appeared. Next, I cleaned the pool cover with diluted 'Bar Keepers Friend.' This time the pool cover came out fairly clean, but days later similar stains reappeared.

I have no idea what I am dealing with but may be rust or a reaction due to the SOS pads? If rust, I read Clorox was not recommended. How about diluted CLR?
Any advice on what to use to clean next is greatly appreciated!

SOS pad Contains: Sodium Tallowate, Water, Glycerin, Sodium Carbonate, Sodium C10-16 Alkylbenzenesulfonate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Nitrite, Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Titanium Dioxide, Colorant And Sodium Metasilicate.
Bar Keepers Friends Contains: are feldspar, linear sodium dodecyl benzene sulfonate (DDBSA) and oxalic acid.

Huh. :scratch: That's a new one to me? My husband just uses car wash detergent on ours, and a longggg push broom to scrub it.

I wonder if some sort of cleaner/protectant is in order here?? Read this thread:

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: Arbor
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.