Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello and Merry Christmas!
I am a newbie to the forum and having a pool. Our new build was
img_4797-jpeg.545968
completed Dec 1 and filled the first week of December. We have an auto fill feature that is plumbed into the water line/faucet near the pool decking area, there are also drains in the decking leading to an area near the street sewer drain. I know this feature maintains the desired fill level, what do you do when the pool it too full from rain? We had a large rain Saturday night and both skimmers were covered by Sunday morning. I’ve been waiting to post to see if it has a leveling feature and if the water level goes down, hasn’t really moved in the last day. I could have reached out to our PB, just hate to bother them on Christmas. I took photos of the auto-fill and will try to post it. It is a Korky brand. Water isn’t touching the coping. We have a spa that spills over into the pool and we have been using it the last few days. Pump/filter and in floor cleaning system are running as scheduled. Thank you for any insight and help, I have been cruising around on this forum for information for some time learning as I go! And I just got my Taylor kit in yesterday K-2006C; I’ve been using a little Taylor DPD test kit prior to this just to get used to testing daily. I already feel so much better having the bigger kit! Thank you.

IMG_4798.jpegIMG_4799.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4797.jpeg
    IMG_4797.jpeg
    239.9 KB · Views: 116
Hello and Merry Christmas!
I am a newbie to the forum and having a pool. Our new build was
img_4797-jpeg.545968
completed Dec 1 and filled the first week of December. We have an auto fill feature that is plumbed into the water line/faucet near the pool decking area, there are also drains in the decking leading to an area near the street sewer drain. I know this feature maintains the desired fill level, what do you do when the pool it too full from rain? We had a large rain Saturday night and both skimmers were covered by Sunday morning. I’ve been waiting to post to see if it has a leveling feature and if the water level goes down, hasn’t really moved in the last day. I could have reached out to our PB, just hate to bother them on Christmas. I took photos of the auto-fill and will try to post it. It is a Korky brand. Water isn’t touching the coping. We have a spa that spills over into the pool and we have been using it the last few days. Pump/filter and in floor cleaning system are running as scheduled. Thank you for any insight and help, I have been cruising around on this forum for information for some time learning as I go! And I just got my Taylor kit in yesterday K-2006C; I’ve been using a little Taylor DPD test kit prior to this just to get used to testing daily. I already feel so much better having the bigger kit! Thank you.

View attachment 545969View attachment 545970
Looks like the drain pipe is just at the water level which is good. The perfect water level is midway up the skimmer opening. Having it above that an inch or two is ok, just keep an eye on it before reaching the coping.

Reactions: proavia and JoyfulL
See that pipe sticking up in your 2nd, picture? I believe that is your overflow drain. My pool builder did not tie it in, and it doesn’t look like yours did either. It is basically just a pipe running from your pool and uses the principle that water seeks its own level. Don’t make the mistake that I did and tie it in pitched like a drain. My pool was not going above the bottom of the tile while I was filling it, and it wasn’t until I looked at the plumbing instructions that I realized my mistake.IMG_0280.png

Reactions: JoyfulL
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.