Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello everyone,

The inground pool is almost complete outside of the pool deck. I‘m moving onto the audio system. I would like something basic, not high end like sonas. More like Yamaha or what ever the experts think will work and sound decent.
It would be 2 zones. 1 for the patio and 1 for the pool. For the patio speakers I was thinking a pair of Polk atrium six and for the pool area the Monoprice Sycamore Outdoor 2.1 Speaker System with 8-inch Subwoofer and 2.5-inch Satellites (3 piece). I would like to add two more 2.5” satellites.
I asking what would be a decent receiver with individual control so I can separately adjust the volume on either zone. Control the music with an iPhone and have wi fi connectivity. Blu tooth range isn’t good.
The source will be Amazon prime or Pandora.

Thank you so much for any info,
Joe

Last edited:
Well 2 zones in the cheap would be a receiver that has 2 zones and you can wire volume control into each speaker zone. You would be controlling each zone manually with the volume controls. Or if the receiver has 2 zones a lot of times there is separate volume control on each zone. I would just look for whatever is on sale from denon or similar. Most these receivers anymore match each other for amp output in various price ranges along with options.

Watch your wire distances cause longer the run the more output you are going to need and larger gauge wire you will need.

Reactions: Aquaman7
Like said above. I like the Yamaha receiver sold at Costco, that has multi-zones. You can control multiple sources from the Yamaha amp and select either zone or both at the same time in party mode.

I have this done at my house. I have a larger Yamaha amp for my home theatre system inside the house. The second zone is for the speakers on our patio by the pool. All controlled with the amp, with Pandora, Radio, etc built in.

I have a yamaha receiver and run it off their app on my phone. From crutchfield like 250ish. The source is held on the receiver can switch from anything, sirius, pandora, etc from app. Have it piped to 2 rock speakers klipsch about 125 a piece and sound very good amd loud good bass. Was gonna add satellites but dont need them. I have a 4ft high wall behind them and pointed at patio. Good and cheap

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.