Attention DIY Liner Experts

Styxbb

May 5, 2014
Ohio
Hi, I am in the market to replace the vinyl liner in my inground pool. I have downloaded measuring forms from various sites but my measurements are showing inconsistencies that aren't addressed on the forms. I will include a pic with my measurements. My main concern is the hopper in the deep end is not quite square. Does this mean I will have to fix it before installing the new liner? If so, what measurements should I use? The measurements in question are highlighted. I am a fairly handy guy and felt this was something I could DIY. Would you recommend a pro?

Thanks

Attachments

• PXL_20230822_151811479.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230822_151811479.MP.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 14
Are you hoping to get a ready made liner? Quite a bit less money but the fit may not suit you.

I have put in two custom liners and the fit was pretty accurate.........I measured down to the 1/2 ".

Custom or ready made.........that'll determine how much precision you need.

It can certainly be DIY but you will want some help. I used 4 guys in my big pool and two vacuums.

I have replaced the liner once myself. Then I learned that I had inverted a measurement and created a big wrinkle in my pool. Been there for 10 years now. It will be a custom liner, but none of the sites I have found allow for the variations in the side wall of the deep end. I have found some closeout patterns that I can get for 1300 for a custom 28 mil. Most prices are around 2300.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.