Portland
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
I’ve owned my pool for 6 months or so. It has an auto top off that has worked until now.

I’m not aware of any shutoff valve for it and I’ve searched the perimeter of the house and haven’t found anything.

I’ve been using the pool all winter and it’s definitely evaporated a lot. I have no idea when the ato stopped but it was recent.

I unscrewed the float switch and not a drop coming out.

I checked the water meter and it’s not turning so the line didn’t break anywhere….

Any ideas of how I can track down this mystery?

Maybe a valve somewhere was closed as nobody knew what it did.
That’s what I’m thinking but I can’t find it for the life of me. My kids are going young and capable of turning something but not capable of telling me if they did. 😂

Lots of pools have them hooked up to an outdoor spigot and then take the pipe underground to the pool. You may have one in a flower bed between the bushes. One thing it say it won't be on the other side of the house.

Reactions: Zalick
Lots of pools have them hooked up to an outdoor spigot and then take the pipe underground to the pool. You may have one in a flower bed between the bushes. One thing it say it won't be on the other side of the house.
I had some sprinkler work done in November. I suppose they could have accidentally capped something.

But it’s definitely lost a few hundred gallons to evaporation in the last 4 months….

Or one more idea possibly working off a sprinkler zone and if the sprinklers are still in winter mode that may be the answer.
This could definitely be on the right track. I’ll investigate there. Since I moved in last fall, I haven’t used the sprinklers and don’t know all the zones and lines yet.