At my wits end - pool won't clear

Your water is definitely improving! Sand filters take the longest to clear cloudy water. Keep SLAMing, brushing and vac'ing the pool and you should be able to see the print of the liner in the deep end soon!

Be sure to skim those top leaves off too, anything in the pool will make it take longer because the chlorine is trying to break the leaves down. So some scattered over the top doesn't seem like a big deal but it's chlorine wasted on them instead of the water. There are probably more on the bottom too. Like mentioned when the water clears there can be surprises even when you are sure it's clean.

Looking much better, keep it up.

Sounds like things are coming right along.

How often are you needing to backwash?

We're gonna' need another pic soon. :smile:

I know there are two schools of thought on sand. Well I changed mine over the weekend. Perhaps my pool just reached a point where the water is starting to show results, perhaps it was the sand. IDK. Things are getting clearer daily now. I had to fix a leak in the tank so I couldn't filter for a day but I did get improvement as soon as a started back up. This is the shallow end this morning.

I can FINALLY see the liner in the shallow end!

IMG_20140616_063544.jpg

Also...totaly random but someone threw out a Jacuzzi sand filter so I walked up to door to see what was wrong. The guy said he replaced the sand but he broke a lateral. He dumped sand in his pool and got mad so he bought a cartridge filter. So basically I got a spare sand filter for free! It is a Jacuzzi model like mine. Same multiport. Not sure if it is the same size as mine but I'm going to check.

Keep at it! You will soon be there. I am on day 15 of SLAM after opening to a green swamp!

For the last week to 10 days I have been where you are...blue and cloudy. I thought it would never clear, but sure enough these past 3 days have been much better. From what I understand the cloudy is all that dead stuff, the sand filter just takes soooooo long!! I was ready to throw in the towel a few times, but I kept here and stayed the course.

Try your best not to go below SLAM level too, and vacuum every day. Even if its not a completely perfect job, it helps just to get the sutff on the bottom up a moving. Its better than nothing!

Good Luck!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Keep it swept up and churning. If you don't have time to vacuum, even a few minutes to get the settled stuff circulating makes a big difference. Sweeping my whole pool bottom toward the main drain (if you have one) really helped mine, I think. I figure it's easier for settling particles to go through drain to filter than it is to get them to go through the skimmer.

Make sure you brush the deep end! Don't let up on the SLAM til you can read heads or tails of a quarter in the deep end AND then do an OCLT. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.