At my end...

It is extremely unlikely that you have any kind of algae. Your FC level remained the same overnight at least twice, which means there isn't anything organic in the pool. Living algae would use up chlorine overnight. It is possible that you still have some dead algae on the bottom of the pool, but vacuuming should have picked most of that up.

Assuming your CYA is still 50, you are fine there.

I suggest you add enough bleach to reach your high target of FC 8 each evening (not 12 as previously posted).
Just make sure it does not drop below 4.

Adding excess bleach beyond your CYA level will cause a larger loss of FC during the day.
That may not be worded quite properly, but, you are just (unnecessarily) adding too much bleach to your pool each evening.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
yes the water has cleared no visible signs of algae. In response the previous post, I have been raising the FC level to 12 to compensate for the loss during the day. I raise to 12 in the evening and it's at 6.5/7 24 hours later. I will give a FC level of 8ppm a try and see what it drops to.

thx.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.