At lost…

Unfortunately no, booster pump is out of commission at the moment. Would it help to get it back in working order? And I do not have the extra fine filter bag either.
Having an automatic cleaner is certainly better than not having one in my opinion but it’s not absolutely necessary- just looking for things you had at your disposal to assist your filter in this battle. If you can get it going great 👍🏻 if not that’s ok too.

Reactions: hotdogakamike
An update, I understand that the slamming process requires a lot of backwashing especially for DE filters. But 10-15 psi raise after every 30 minutes seemed really excessive with no water quality improvement made me suspect that my DE filters grids are not working properly. Which reminded me that I ran the filter without recharging it with DE powder for a while when the pool was being repaired. So I ordered new grids, changed them out. Still required backwashing every hour or 90 minutes or so at the beginning, but it was better than 30 minutes. After about six backwash and keeping the pool at slam level, the pool finally cleared up.

Attachments

• IMG_9520.jpeg
    IMG_9520.jpeg
    322 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Mdragger88
Glad to hear it!
Remember to keep with slam until all 3 are true
👇

✅ CC is 0.5 or lower;
✅ You pass an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test
AND
✅ The water is clear.
(Crystal Clear w/no algae dead or alive)

If your slam is 100% complete you can let fc fall to target levels -
FC/CYA Levels
In Texas this time of year you may need 40/50 ppm of cya to help protect your fc from the sun. Some need 60 in the peak of summer.

Reactions: Newdude