Ariel issue

Brad527

Jul 30, 2023
South florida
My Ariel that I received in May 2023, worked great, I love it. Until one day in July, there were no lights on. I tried everything in the troubleshooting menus, I noticed the body had water in it. Living in South Florida we get our share of heavy downpours. I left it in the sun for 3 days, out of the water, and finally it started up again. My question: are these not waterproof? Can a heavy downpour cause it to flood the body and get into the motor? If so, is this a flaw in design or what? I have left the manufacturer a voice message and sent an email. I have not heard back yet. I did not tell them that it had water inside, I just said, no lights, or power...thoughts?
Thanks in advance

I have an Ariel, and I don't tend to leave is out in the rain, but I thought it was OK. But, here's what the very first Ariel FAQ says:

"Can Ariel be out in the rain?"

"4 months ago Updated
Ariel will swim along in gentle rainfall, but she does not like heavy rain it scares her.
She should be brought out of the pool and placed in a safe location if you are expecting heavy rains, winds, lightning, hail, tornados, hurricanes, or Haboobs.
Once the storm has passed place her back in the pool and she will happily go back to work gobbling up the mess."

I acutally thought it was ok to leave Ariel out in the rain, but this (update 4 months ago) FAQ says not in heavy rain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brad527
The OP is in South Florida. It can be sunny one minute and a torrential downpour the next. There is no way I am going out to pull something out of my pool because its raining hard.

I have an Ariel, and I don't tend to leave is out in the rain, but I thought it was OK. But, here's what the very first Ariel FAQ says:

Can Ariel be out in the rain?​

4 months ago Updated
Ariel will swim along in gentle rainfall, but she does not like heavy rain it scares her.
She should be brought out of the pool and placed in a safe location if you are expecting heavy rains, winds, lightning, hail, tornados, hurricanes, or Haboobs.
Once the storm has passed place her back in the pool and she will happily go back to work gobbling up the mess.

I acutally thought it was ok to leave Ariel out in the rain, but this (update 4 months ago) FAQ says not in heavy rain.
Hmm, I appreciate the reply. So, I guess it is a design flaw....

"Can Ariel be out in the rain?"

"4 months ago Updated
Once the storm has passed place her back in the pool and she will happily go back to work gobbling up the mess."

Also, where are the FAQ's? I read the owners manuel, front to back, but did not see anything about it not being waterproof. They do talk about cleaning it, which they suggest you scrub and then hose off. I am impatiently waiting to see if they respond to me. Mine ran most the night, and now, no lights again. Obviously water had gotten into the motor.....

on Main Page, Solar Breeze Ariel, Solar Pool Skimmers, Robotic Pool Cleaners
click on Support. FAQs show up on right. First one is starred, and is about rain.

The online manual on page 13 (It's under Support also), says in ALL CAPS, not to use a high pressure stream or water when cleaning the body of Ariel.

Even though I haven't had water problems, guess I could be even more careful, and help insure keeping water out of sensitive areas, like electronics, and motors.

on Main Page, Solar Breeze Ariel, Solar Pool Skimmers, Robotic Pool Cleaners
click on Support. FAQs show up on right. First one is starred, and is about rain.

The online manual on page 13 (It's under Support also), says in ALL CAPS, not to use a high pressure stream or water when cleaning the body of Ariel.

Even though I haven't had water problems, guess I could be even more careful, and help insure keeping water out of sensitive areas, like electronics, and motors.
Yes, Thank you. Also, unrelated. They mention a chlorine tablet holder. I do not have that on mine. I bought a 2023 version, I thought?

Yes, Thank you. Also, unrelated. They mention a chlorine tablet holder. I do not have that on mine. I bought a 2023 version, I thought?
I see metion of a tablet holder on a comparison page with the previous model, the NX2.
"Ariel does not feature a chlorine dispenser like the Solar-Breeze NX2."
I had that model, the NX2 also, and it had room for chlorine tablets. But I don't think the Ariel ever had the chlorine tablet holder.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.