Are we not adding enough bleach?

So I just checked the FC at 10:30 tonite and we're at 8.5ppm. We didn't go in tonite and won't be going in. Seems like for 1 person hour, adding 10oz is good to keep us between the 7ppm minimum and 10ppm target for our CYA level. But now the question is, with no bather load, what should I add? I'm thinking I'll add 7oz which is supposed to take it up by 9.3ppm and then I can see what it is in about 24 hours (or even check it in the morning and see if it seems to be dropping too much).

Just wanted to post an update on this one. We haven't changed the water yet because we haven't had time and with using the bleach, things have been going well so no need to right away. We seem to have it down pretty well where if we're not in it, we add enough bleach to raise it 5ppm / day and that's about what gets used up in 24 hours. If we're in it we raise it another 5 - 5.5ppm / person hour of soaking. This keeps it right about at 9 - 10ppm FC each day which with our CYA level, is about the target. The water is crystal clear and since switching to bleach, we have zero soap scum or bubbles anywhere and our scum bug floater thing isn't oily at all.

Net net, the bleach seems pretty easy to deal with. Once we do drain and refill, we'll have to figure out how many ppm's we'll use each day since it'll be a smaller amount for the targets we need but a little trial and error. Tho one question, for bather load, does the required FC ppm's stay the same regardless of CYA levels?

Alright, glad it is working for you. Yes, bather load FC demand is the same. Only the residual target is higher with higher CYA.

If you are going to wait to drain then I recommend going ahead and adding 50ppm borates now. It is worth having it in the tub.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.