Are the Stonescapes color mixes proprietary for certified installers only?

Anita W..

Bronze Supporter
Jun 4, 2023
NorCal
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We just had our pool resurfaced with Stonescapes Midnight Blue mini pebble which turned out mostly black. I was shocked, especially after the sample we received from the tile store that showed a lot of blue. Our pool is lagoon style, but also has lots of tree and shade. Plus we live in an area with 6 months of clouds and rain. The pool looks like a mud pit on a cloudy day.

I talked to the resurface company today and they said they added 11 bags of black pebbles. I saw on a thread here the Stonescapes mix for Midnight Blue is 9 bags. Not certain if two more bags of black pebbles makes a difference but our pool is black and white. Looks more like the Pebble Tec Black Marble. No blue anywhere in the finish.

My only thought was that they aren't allowed to follow the Stonescapes recipe because they aren't a certified installer. I also realized I saw on the truck Sky Blue plaster that was used that day instead of the Midnight Blue liquid pigment in the official recipe. Let's just say I am pretty bummed. My husband likes it though, but he doesn't see it from the kitchen where I do all day long!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.