Are hot tubs really supposed to be such a pain?

Kiss - i tried that attachment thing once but this site got hung up - I had copied and put it on my desktop from iMessage.

All you other "geeks" of chem, we have only had this tub working since teh end of oct 2014. Brand-new pipes, how can we possible have junk in there? Ugh.

Even a brand new hot tub can have bacterial biofilms in it because if the manufacturer or spa dealer does not thoroughly dry out the piping after wet testing, then bacterial biofilms can form. There can also be greases/oils from manufacturing leftover. That why a new spa or one you get used with an unknown history should get cleaned out using Ahh-Some.

In your own spa, if you don't have all areas disinfected at nearly all times, the spa can go south pretty quickly. It only takes bacteria 15-60 minutes to double in population so one bacteria can turn into over 4 billion in 8 hours under the most ideal of growth conditions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.