Aquarite Salt System

Pietri

Dec 4, 2017
Powell Ohio
I opened my pool today. I’ve had a lot of problems with my Hayward systems. I’ve had my pool running since 2018. My Trimotor went out after 3 yrs, the salt cell after 4 and now my aquarite mother board went out. The motor was running. I was adding salt. There was a loud thump and now it won’t turn out. If I resent the circuit breaker it will thump but nothing comes on.

I’m trying to decide if I replace the board buy a new one or switch to another brand altogether.

I looked at the manual for your system, and it's not mentioned, but many experienced folks here say turn the cell off when adding salt - especially if you have main drains. Wait for 24 hours before turning on. My Jandy manual says this clearly. Until the salt is well-mixed, there can be chunks of water with very high concentration. This can cause big current spikes, which isn't good for the electronics. Check for a fuse or breaker on the board. Maybe you got lucky.

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
Thank you! I didn’t see that but it make sense. I’ve had a lot of problems with our pool guys around the area so I started opening and closing myself. Just followed what how the pool guys did it. Should have read the manual.

Oldlly enough my circuit breaker never tripped.
The mains breaker wouldn't. I meant a tiny fuse or breaker or fuse on the board itself. Looking at a pictures of main boards on line, it does look like there might be a fuse. Hard to tell for sure.

There are two fuses on the Aquarite. A 20 amp for the main power and a 4 amp mini fuse feeding the cell power.