Aquarite Power Light Off - Generating Light On, No Chlorine

A T-15 cell can output 1.45lbs or 23.2oz at 100% in 24 hours. Do the math reductions for your desired output and run times to get how many ounces that will be generated and plug that number into PoolMath at the bottom of the page, "effects of adding chemicals". An example would be 50% output and 12 hour run time you would insert 5.8 oz. This is how I calculated that 23.2/2=11.6, 11.6/2=5.8.

I would work at bumping up the CYA to 80 and it will help with the amount of chlorine that the pool is using.

Diagnostics still show similar readings for voltage and amperage. I did another OCLT last night / this morning. 10.0 each time. Water is sparkling, crystal clear. I'll test again tonight and in the morning. Don't know what else to do with the SWG.

I'll bump up the stabilizer to 80.

If I keep passing the OCLT, then that eliminates algae as the source of losing chlorine. Has to be just sunlight. Anyway to estimate chlorine consumption just due to sun?

As long as you're passing the oclt, your water is crystal clear and there's no algae, then you're doing well. You seem to have a good understanding of what to do. I would suggest maintaining the fc at 10 to 15 % of the cya for one week and then maintain 7.5 % thereafter. I would suggest setting the swg high enough to maintain the level. Go high if necessary. Increase the pump run time or chlorinator % if necessary.

When you are running at 80% for 12 hours the SWG theoretically makes 3.5 ppm and at 100% it will make 4.3 ppm of chlorine a day for your pool . How warm is the pool and how much sun does it see? You should get better performance when the CYA reaches 80.

I know everyone likes pictures, but as an engineer, I also like data, charts, and graphs! As you can see, the FC has been holding steady the past three nights. Hopefully bumping up the stabilizer to 80 will make a noticeable difference during the day.

FC graph 2015-06-05 - 2015-06-12.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Now we're getting somewhere. Tested at 5:45 FC - 4.5, CC - 0.0

Added 4lbs of stabilizer and 40 lbs of salt. That should raise my CYA from 50 to near 75 and salt from 3000 to a little over 3200. I don't want to overshoot either of those.

Would it hurt to leave the SWG at 100% for a week? I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow.

Left the pump running all night to circulate the salt and CYA. SWG still set at 100%. Results from 6:30 this morning: FC 7.5, CC 0.0.

Think I may dial it back to 80% before I leave.

Edit: I'll leave it at 100%, since I'm right at 10% of 75 ppm CYA.

Thanks for all your help. I'll fine tune it when I get back.

Starting a new thread in Testing and Balancing to discuss my test results.

Back from vacation. Pool looks great! Here are my test results from 9:00 this morning:

FC 7.5
CC 0.0
CH 350
TA 60
CYA 80
pH 7.65 (color in between 7.5 and 7.8)
salt 3200
temp 90

While I was gone for the past week, pump was set to run from 8am-8pm. SWG was set at 100%. According to pool math, my target FC is 4. Think I'll turn my SWG down to 75% and test again tomorrow morning. Does that sound reasonable?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.