Blairsville GA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Background - new liner and water 4/26/24. Followed TFP instructions as suggested. Readings as of yesterday:

FC 2.5 (added more chlorine per pool math)
pH 7.2 (added Borax per pool math - need to raise a little more)
CYA 60 (need to increase to 80 - water temp 62 so taking a few days)
TA 50 (have not adjusted)
Salt: 2800 (per pool math) - tested with new Taylor K-1766

Turned on SWG (replaced with aftermarket T-15 in May 2021. AQL-PLUS shows Check system very low salt Set chlorinator to 10%
Tried all the tricks - cleaned sensor, cell looks fine, turned system off completely and restarted - all to no avail.

Diagnostics:

+29.46V
69 Degrees
+1.87A
500 ppm

-28.19V
69 degrees
-3.51A
1300 ppm

I read to try resetting the system since all the water was replaced. The only info I can find anywhere speaks to turning off the "physical switch" which we do not have. Called Hayward for help to reset (manual does not address this) and then want me to have a dealer diagnose. Told them I don't want to spend $150 for a service call. I called Salt Solutions and guy said based on readings, the cell has gone bad. Said I should have gotten 4 years out of it, but ... proper balancing, etc. There are no error messages at all on the AQL indicating any issues with the cell.

Is there a way to reset or do I just bite the bullet and buy another T-15? Thanks in advance - meanwhile I'll use liquid chlorine and continue to get my CYA and other chemicals balanced.

Many thanks!

Follow up question. Spoke with a Hayward dealer - advised Hayward has a "private label" T-15 that is warranted for two years for $800. Also researched Aftermarket Replacement cell compatible with Hayward® AquaRite® - CircuPool® CIR-GEN150 for $549. and limited 3 year warranty. Appears to have very high satisfaction rating from what I see on TFP and Discount Salt Pool. Just replaced the liner and pool water delivery to the tune of $7,000. I know I'm only talking a small amount of money at this point and since I only got 3 years out of the Salt Solutions, decided not to buy another.

Any thoughts?

None - phone call with dealer (referred to by my liner installer) - he's a Hayward warranty rep. He said be careful of non OEM - can burn out board.

T-15 Cell Types.​

The Hayward T-Cell-15 and Hayward T-Cell-15-SWP are the same thing. The T-15 has 13 Titanium Plates, 150 x 63mm.

The T-Cell-15 has a 3 year warranty.

The Hayward T-Cell-15-SWP is a Swimpure branded cell, which has a 2 or 3 year warranty.

You would need to verify with the seller to be sure.

The first number of the serial number is the length of warranty.

The TCELL940 is a T-15 "long life" cell with a 4 year warranty.

A T-15-W is a warranty replacement cell with a 1 year warranty.

It's not designated as a retail cell.

It's supposed to be used as a replacement for a cell that fails under warranty.

Some places sell warranty cells as regular cells.

Besides SwimPure, Hayward also makes Blue Haven SmartPure, H-40, Mineral Springs, NatureSoft etc.

AL-0 is AquaRite.
AL-1 NatureSoft.
AL-2 MineralSprings.
AL-3 SmartPure.

1714495236461.png

Appreciate all the assistance and suggestions. I'm going to take a shot and purchase the CircuPool-Gen15. Hopefully I've made a good choice. I'll certainly update with any info on the cell after install.

Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support