AquaRite Check Salt Issue

vette8t7

May 25, 2023
Space Coast, FL
Started about a month ago, when pump turns on, AquaRite shows check salt (solid) but does not generate. Moving from Auto to Off and back to Auto it will begin generating. I replaced the salt cell, same result. Then replaced the pcb, same result. The unit is set for the T-15 cell.
I searched and found there is a calibration procedure, so I had the water tested at Pinch-a-Penny. The salt is 3200. I started the pump, switched from Auto to Off, back to Auto, waited for the relay to click then hit the button 5 times. -3600 was on the display and then it went to -3500 but no lower. the display eventually switched to the default, so I hit the button 5 times again and -3500 is still there. Tried this process several times with the same result. It never drops below -3500.

Is your Aquarite power on when your pump is off?

The Aquarite must be powered off when the pump is off.

In addition check your flow switch. It maybe stuck on when your pump is off.

I changed the pump 2 years ago to a Pentair Variable speed. It has the timer on the pump, so I removed the on/off pins from the mechanical timer. The chlorinator has been working fine up until a month or so ago when it started this check salt issue. It seems the Auqarite is always on. So I tested the power off approach by turning off the mechanical power switch for the pump and chlorinator. The chlorinator turned off, so I turned the switch back on. I then starte dteh pump and the chlorinator started generating. I had to order new pins as I don't know where the ones I took out are. I will set it to power cycle at night.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.