Los Angeles CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hello. I have a 16,000 gallon plaster pool with an AquaPure PLC 700 that I think has died. Chlorine levels have dropped and I am getting error codes 125/194. The unit was installed in April 2021, but looks like the installer undersized it for my pool. When replacing I’d like to correct that and install the PLC 1400 and I am curious if that replacement is complicated? I am relatively handy but the electrical part has me a bit concerned. Any thoughts or tips? Or are there other units you would recommend?

Much appreciated.

File a warranty claim.

Complete electronic salt water chlorine systems (controller and cell purchased and installed together) are warranted for three (3) years.

View attachment 447627
Thank you. This was definitely going to be something I checked when I got home from work. I was on my train commute while writing this post and was anxious to get started on troubleshooting. This is greatly appreciated information. Thanks.

Both cells use the same Power Center box. However there is a jumper on the Power Interface Board that is connected for the 1400 cell and cut for the 700 cell. The Power Center comes configured for the 1400 cell and the JL1 jumper must be cut if using the 700 cell.

View attachment 447623

View attachment 447624
Great information to know. I will need to take a look. Hopefully it's not a pain to reconnect, or worse yet, hopefully it doesn't require a whole new board. Thank you!

Both cells use the same Power Center box. However there is a jumper on the Power Interface Board that is connected for the 1400 cell and cut for the 700 cell. The Power Center comes configured for the 1400 cell and the JL1 jumper must be cut if using the 700 cell.

View attachment 447623

View attachment 447624
Thanks again for this information. A follow-up question if you don't mind. Looks like the installer did not cut the jumper. I suppose this makes converting to 1400 simpler, but how does it affect the continued operation of my 700 unit? I have always been getting the 120 error code since its installation, but it always generated chlorine so I was never concerned.

Attachments

• IMG_7843.jpeg
    IMG_7843.jpeg
    428.1 KB · Views: 10
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.