Aquapure Error code 121

robl45

Oct 27, 2007
Parkland, FL
Hello,

I'm getting a 121 error code on my aquapure 1400. The cell was replaced about 2 months ago with new cable and flow sensor. I notice the salt is down from 2.9 to 2.1 and it is showing low salt. Could that cause the 121 code? We had a lot of rain here so I'm hesistant to throw in more salt as the salt will increase as the pool evaporates down to a more normal level. The water is right at the top now.

Make sure the cell and sensor are clean and the cord is in good shape. If those are all good then you will need to take voltage readings to troubleshoot the system. Did you get the latest sensor with the A or B program selection?

Make sure the cell and sensor are clean and the cord is in good shape. If those are all good then you will need to take voltage readings to troubleshoot the system. Did you get the latest sensor with the A or B program selection?

Yes, I got new cell, sensor with the A/B Box, and cord package in March. It appears to have been working fine. The salt is reporting 2100 now though. Its been raining like crazy here. I'm thinking its probably just the salt level going down from all the rain and the pool draining through the overflow as it kept raining.

I was getting the same error recently after replacing the sensor. When I looked up the code, it said to check the DC cable. I then realized that i had also changed the circuit board and found that one of the spade terminals for the DC cable was not plugged in properly and was the cause of the error. I suggest that you first check the DC cable between the cell and the control panel for physical damage such as a rodent chewing through it. Then, check the spade terminals inside the control panel where the DC cable terminates. I also checked the terminals at the cell and cleaned them with emery cloth until they were shiny. I then rolled up a thin strip of emery cloth and cleaned inside the black connector that connects to the cell. Hopefully this helps.

I was getting the same error recently after replacing the sensor. When I looked up the code, it said to check the DC cable. I then realized that i had also changed the circuit board and found that one of the spade terminals for the DC cable was not plugged in properly and was the cause of the error. I suggest that you first check the DC cable between the cell and the control panel for physical damage such as a rodent chewing through it. Then, check the spade terminals inside the control panel where the DC cable terminates. I also checked the terminals at the cell and cleaned them with emery cloth until they were shiny. I then rolled up a thin strip of emery cloth and cleaned inside the black connector that connects to the cell. Hopefully this helps.

I will take a look, I doubt that is the issue as I don't remember seeing any issues until the salt went down when we had the major rain, but easy enough to check.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.