Aquapure 1400 Error

seanyt17

May 5, 2024
Southern Ontario, Canada
@PoolGate
This information is so useful. I'm getting the 125/194 codes and have been trying to search what to do about it, and this writeup has me 99% convinced I have the same issue. I'll try disassembling my cell tomorrow to verify, but the pic shows the same white corrosion where the terminals enter the cap that yours have, possibly snapped as well.

If it turns out to be the same issue as yours, I'm on the fence of whether to buy just a cell or the complete Fusion Soft kit as it's only about $250 more than just the cell, but I'd then have a spare sensor, cord and mineral cartridge. You guys think it's worth the extra cost to have the spares? Are the sensors or cords known to fail often as well?

unnamed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TFP.

You don’t want and should not use the mineral cartridge.

Yes almost certainly it is your cell. That is the old style cell too with the 2 piece center electrode. The new ones are one piece. That is exactly where mine split apart.

My original tri-sensor is still going strong in my 8th season. I don't think you need to worry about it. As above, you never need the mineral cartridge.

I did notice a few people saying that the mineral cartridges do more harm than good...what exactly are the issues with them? My personal experience is that I've been replacing every year for 5 seasons and don't have any staining or discoloration issues with metal components in the pool, so not sure why people are against them. Wouldn't you need to keep chlorine levels higher without the use of mineral cartridge?

I did notice a few people saying that the mineral cartridges do more harm than good...what exactly are the issues with them? My personal experience is that I've been replacing every year for 5 seasons and don't have any staining or discoloration issues with metal components in the pool, so not sure why people are against them. Wouldn't you need to keep chlorine levels higher without the use of mineral cartridge?

I did notice a few people saying that the mineral cartridges do more harm than good...what exactly are the issues with them? My personal experience is that I've been replacing every year for 5 seasons and don't have any staining or discoloration issues with metal components in the pool, so not sure why people are against them.

You have been lucky. Partly because you have a short pool season and drain your pool a bit before closing in winters. Your 5 seasons equal less then 2 seasons form someone in the South. In time it will catch up with you.

Wouldn't you need to keep chlorine levels higher without the use of mineral cartridge?

No, chlorine levels should be the same.

I didn't end up having to take the cell apart, as soon as I looked more closely at the center electrode I could see a gap and it pulled right apart so it's definitely gonzo. So I'll be replacing the cell, I guess 6 seasons is not bad compared to some others on here who have seen them fail in 1-3 seasons.

Thanks again @ajw22 and @PoolGate for the helpful info and advice.

Reactions: PoolGate