Aqualink Upgrade

ncpoolguy

Bronze Supporter
Jul 1, 2020
North Carolina
I currently have a PDA system and am just interested in a Wi-Fi antenna to turn a few things on and off (for now). I feel like I am getting conflicting info on how/if I can set this up….
I may have gotten overzealous when I found a IQ-30a for $200 on eBay. My current set up is as pictured. Can I connect a IQ-30a to this system? Does the antenna replace the current PDA antenna or is it added in addition?

Attachments

• IMG_7136.jpeg
    IMG_7136.jpeg
    348.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7137.jpeg
    IMG_7137.jpeg
    367.7 KB · Views: 6
I currently have a PDA system and am just interested in a Wi-Fi antenna to turn a few things on and off (for now). I feel like I am getting conflicting info on how/if I can set this up….
I may have gotten overzealous when I found a IQ-30a for $200 on eBay. My current set up is as pictured. Can I connect a IQ-30a to this system? Does the antenna replace the current PDA antenna or is it added in addition?

The IQ30a adds basically nothing but a smartphone app to turn things on and off. What you want is the IQ30-RS. That converts your system from a PDA based system to the RS system which is web-based. With the RS you'll be able to program the system with the phone or computer browser app. And the PDA changes to just an on/off device. You can also control and monitor your pool from anywhere with Internet access. You can keep and continue to use your PDA and the PDA antenna. With either the a or RS you'll have 2 antennas (if you want to keep the PDA). One is 900Mhz and one is WiFi.

The IQ30a adds basically nothing but a smartphone app to turn things on and off. What you want is the IQ30-RS. That converts your system from a PDA based system to the RS system which is web-based. With the RS you'll be able to program the system with the phone or computer browser app. And the PDA changes to just an on/off device. You can also control and monitor your pool from anywhere with Internet access. You can keep and continue to use your PDA and the PDA antenna. With either the a or RS you'll have 2 antennas (if you want to keep the PDA). One is 900Mhz and one is WiFi.
Thank you for the reply. Considering I already purchased a used aqualink 3 antenna, this would be as simple as connecting the new antenna along with the current antenna? And if I wanted to further upgrade down the road, I could purchase the 50 pin RS board to have full control?

Thank you for the reply. Considering I already purchased a used aqualink 3 antenna, this would be as simple as connecting the new antenna along with the current antenna? And if I wanted to further upgrade down the road, I could purchase the 50 pin RS board to have full control?

Depending on your PDA board version, yes. I started my system with this (almost same) upgrade (IQ20a). It gives you very little. Your phone will be able to turn things on and off. Big deal. You still need the PDA to program it. But you can add and get all that working now and put the RS daughter board in at a later time.

Depending on your PDA board version, yes. I started my system with this (almost same) upgrade (IQ20a). It gives you very little. Your phone will be able to turn things on and off. Big deal. You still need the PDA to program it. But you can add and get all that working now and put the RS daughter board in at a later time.
Wonderful. So I had a chance to open things up this morning. Looks like I already have a multiplex board tied to the system. I would assume I would connect the new iq30 to the multiplex pcb board and proceed with Wi-Fi set up?

Attachments

• IMG_7297.jpeg
    IMG_7297.jpeg
    206.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7298.jpeg
    IMG_7298.jpeg
    666.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7296.jpeg
    IMG_7296.jpeg
    403.5 KB · Views: 8
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.