Aqualink RS + Raypack 406A Heater Issues

Sep 29, 2016
dallas, tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My spa heater(Raypak 406A) isn't turning on and there is no power at the unit. The heater won't even power when in service mode. All other functions seem to be working,. I've taken a voltage meter to the relay and there is no power there, either. Any suggetions?

My spa heater(Raypak 406A) isn't turning on and there is no power at the unit. The heater won't even power when in service mode. All other functions seem to be working,.
All other functions are working on what?
I've taken a voltage meter to the relay and there is no power there, either. Any suggetions?
Relay where?

Is your heater connected to automation?

Check for voltage at the circuit breaker for the heater.

Is the heater connected to 120V or 240V?

Check voltage at the CB.

Check voltage at the electrical connection in the heater.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Post pics showing where you are checking voltage.

CB = Circuit Breaker

1. All other pool functions are working on the control panel.

2. See red circles on attached photo

3. Heater is connected to automation.
Number two relay (circled) in the picture is not "on" according to the panel unless it is plugged into the number 1 socket. Number 1 relay (far left relay) should always be the pump, even if a VSP is installed. That's where any competent service tech would expect to find it. Its hard to see to which socket on the board the relays are attached.

In "Service" mode, you have to push the "Heater" button to get the heater to light if it has power. If it is powered through a relay that needs to be "on" also. Is the "spa" heater enabled on the indoor panel/phone app? If not, it won't light automatically when you hit "spa" mode. If it is wired to a relay, has that relay been setup as "heater" in the configuration menu? The heater should be on its own breaker and not wired through a relay.

The lights on the far right in the picture only indicate what position the valves are supposed to be in while in "Service" mode. The heater won't light automatically in "Service" mode.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.