AquaLink RS Buttons not responsive

jd3073

Apr 28, 2018
San Diego, CA
Hi - I have an Aqualink RS panel at the pool equipment and indoor panel and remote access via iAqualink. Here's the issue - iAqualink (remote App) controls all the panel function (pump, heater, solar, lights, etc) but when I try to use the actual RS panel everything is wired to, only the "Service" button works. All the other buttons (jets, pump, lights, etc.) do nothing - no relay click, no lights, nothing. The Aquapure buttons work fine.
What I've done to troubleshoot so far was:
1) open panel up to make sure all connections were still good (there are)
2) confirm no rodent damage (none)
3) operate same functions (jets, lights, etc) with App and they in fact light up the RS panel
Any ideas why the buttons are non-responsive?
Thanks in advance,
John

Screenshot 2023-06-13 at 2.50.43 PM.png

Last edited:
I have an older version of the same panel. For me, the buttons on the main panel only work when the panel is in service mode. When it's in auto, I can only control things from the remote panel in the house. Yours could be different of course, did it work differently before?

Reactions: jd3073
The buttons are not supposed to work in Auto mode. They will work in Time Out and Service. That is normal. They're not intended to be used unless you're actively servicing the pool (you would use iAqualink, an indoor controller, or a PDA in normal operation).

Yes - I have it in service mode and buttons do not respond, previously they did. I've also tried the buttons in Auto mode and unresponsive as well. So when I finish cleaning the pump (with RS in service mode), then switch back to auto, I'm unable to start the pump or jet motors unless I use the phone App or go to the wall panel. Is there anything on the panel I could repair or does it sound like I need to replace the RS panel?

The buttons are not supposed to work in Auto mode. They will work in Time Out and Service. That is normal. They're not intended to be used unless you're actively servicing the pool (you would use iAqualink, an indoor controller, or a PDA in normal operation).
thank you - I'll go back in the morning and double check and see if they are responsive in Time out. I'm pretty sure none of the relays were triggered in Service mode. Thank you for responding - appreciate your insight.

The Aqualink outside panel buttons should turn relays on and off when in AUTO mode.

iAqualink is an optional feature and the buttons provide basic controls but no programming

I have never seen the buttons on an Aqualink RS-style power center control the equipment in auto mode. This is actually covered in the manual (although in Jandy-speak where "control panel" means something like an All Button or OneTouch):

alrsmanual.jpg

This morning I've confirmed the only buttons on my RS panel that respond are Service and Time Out. Pressing any of the other buttons regardless of Auto, Service or Time Out mode results in nothing (no relay clicking, no lights, no response.) Operating same functions from internal display or iAqualink have all functions working properly. So would that mean an expensive RS panel replacement or any other suggestions?

To clarify your last post, if you manually put the system into Service or Time Out, the buttons still don't work?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, I manually selected Service or Time Out and the other buttons do not work. Only Service or Time Out buttons respond. Odd that iAqualink selections result in normal relay operation so it appears the wiring and relays remain operational.

Dumb question, you've tried just cutting all the power to the board and rebooting it, right?

Good question - I should have included in my initial troubleshooting steps, I did turn off main breaker feeding pool power panel, killing power for a couple of minutes, rebooting the panel. I have yet to press the "reset" button on the RS panel as I'm not sure if that would require reprogramming everything or what exactly it resets.
Opening the RS and looking inside, there's no ribbon cables or anything between the buttons, they all seem to be connected on the PCB. It's odd that the Auto->Service->Time Out buttons work normally (as does Aquapure on parallel block to the left) but every button to the right of Auto does not respond.
The RS Panel box is weather tight and covered, never hit by lightning or gotten wet inside. Sounds like others have not experienced same?

Last edited:
Hi JD, did you find a resolution for this issue please? I have a similar problem absolutely nothing works in Auto. In Service Mode I can run the Pump (which is good) but nothing else responds. Its too cold to spend time on the pad for a few days so I'm just trying to research similar issues to help come up with a plan for diagnostics next week.

Thanks in advance!

Update: Right after posting I saw it had warmed a bit so I headed out to have another quick 'play'. Put it into Auto and BAM .... it worked! Tested other functions in Service Mode and everything seems to be working properly again. No idea what happened overnight (I didn't do anything different this morning except cycle to Auto) but pleased to have it back working normally again. Issues occured yesterday when I was bringing it back into service after being drained and shutdown for 5 days for the hard freeze.

If you do see this post JD, I would still be interested to know what your resolution was. This Jandy stuff can be really temperamental sometimes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.