East Hampton NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have an Aqualink system that has experienced many upgrades over 2+ decades, now a RS 2/6 Dual system, with Rev R and iAqualink. It controls a Pentair Intelliflo pump for pool, a Superpump for spa (being replaced with a V-Green VS pump, but ignore this for now), an AquaRite 940 chlorinator for the pool (set to link with Jandy), an AquaPure for spa, and the spa jets and spa blower and pool and spa lights. All this equipment has generally worked well together the last few years.

I noticed that after the high pollen season had died down, I was generating too much chlorine at 100% on the AquaRite, so I turned the setting down to 50% (then 40% and 35%). What I noticed, however, is that in the morning when I look at the Jandy, it shows the VS pump offline and the two chlorinators set to 0%. This issue started when I turned the pool chlorinator off 100%. The observation is on the status page of the Jandy. When I go through the menu to look at the chlorinator settings, it shows the pool at 50% and the spa at 5% (where they should be). When I change the pool to 45% or 40% or some other level, the status page now works correctly showing the VS pump back online and the proper settings on the chlorinators.

I really am not sure what is happening but wonder if others have similar experiences? I am speculating that with the pool AquaRite set to less than 100%, it cycles off for percentages of time. It may be that when the pool chlorinator is not generating, the AquaLink has some communication difficulty (the pump is actually Pentair and the AquaRite is Hayward/Goldline) that is causing glitches. When I reset the pool chlorination level to a different setting, it goes on again and teh Jandy corrects itself? I can test this pout more over type, but for now its speculation. I do know that in past years I frequently had issues with the pump and chlorinators not showing proper levels on the Aqualink, but it always seemed random and went away last year (when the chlorinator was set to 100% almost all of the time).

Again, anyone have similar issues or ideas?

I think few people have an IAqualink system with an Aquarite SWG to get you any comments.

I am actually thinking issue with my rs485 connection and not with any of the devices. I added VS pump for spa today (V-Green) configured as Jandy e pump and Jandy AquaLink, Intelliflo (Pentair), AquaRite/Hayward and Century Pump all seem to be talking well to each other.

I have a loose RS-485 connection somewhere- game me issues two years ago but I thought corrected

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.