Aqualink issue?

SC1971

Bronze Supporter
Mar 13, 2016
Central, MD
I’ve recently started to have an issue with my Aqualink system and pump. My pump will increase RPM and the iAqualink app will show that my slide is on, which it isn’t.

Quick backstory… This year, I opened the pool in May, with no issues. After a weeklong vacation in July, we returned home and found that the 20-amp breaker (pump and SWG) was tripped. The pool was in decent shape, so I assume the activation was recent. Anyhow, after that the breaker would trip once, sometimes twice a day.

Now, back to the main issue(s). A few weeks ago, the phantom slide operation started to occur. This happed out of the blue and I can’t figure it out. The slide is on AUX 3. When I attempt to shut the button off, via iAqualink, the button turns right back on. I can also hear the 3 HP relay activate when I’m at the panel. Again, the actual slide is not on. I can change my pump speed to a lower setting, but after about 10 minutes or so, it cranks right back up. I’ve attempted multiple resets on the system also. One other thing. When in service mode, the pump and slide function normally, just at a reduced RPM for the slide.

Two days ago, I replaced the original 20 amp breaker (Eaton) and installed a Pentair PA220GF. I figured I would go ahead and change out the relay too (since they were so cheap $$, I got two). The breaker issue appears to be solved (fingers crossed). The phantom slide issue is still there:mad:

I had a spare, working, PCB board from when I was using only a PDA. Tried that… Still had the same problem, as far as the RPM’s ramping up. I called a pool company’s service department for some feedback. He suggested I disconnect my PDA from the board. I still had it connected for the wife and kids to use by the pool. He thought that may have some communication conflict. I disconnected the PDA, but the problem persists. At this point, I’m running out of ideas.

Thanks

Check your speed assignments for the pump. You have 8 assignments so one must be assigned to the slide. It is possible that something got altered with the thrown CB earlier. If the speed assignments are correct, then delete the assignment to Aux 3 for that speed and then reprogram it.
Then set up a schedule for your slide to turn on then off. At the scheduled time, verify if the pump turned on and ramped up to the assigned speed.
Agree that disconnecting the PDA is good idea while you troubleshoot. Also, use your PC to check the speed assignments and AUX set up. I have found the phone app to be finicky when using the slide buttons on it.

I don’t know if this has any relevance with your issue but I had noticed an issue with iaqualink app and iPhone 12 Pro where it said something was turned off but it actually did not turn off. Same app account on an iPhone 13 pro max has no issues with the app. Also have a pda and that has worked with zero issues.

Edit: This was before the newest iPhone or the latest iaqualink updates. We just stopped using it on the 12 pro.

Last edited:
I don’t know if this has any relevance with your issue but I had noticed an issue with iaqualink app and iPhone 12 Pro where it said something was turned off but it actually did not turn off. Same app account on an iPhone 13 pro max has no issues with the app. Also have a pda and that has worked with zero issues.

Edit: This was before the newest iPhone or the latest iaqualink updates. We just stopped using it on the 12 pro.
do you ever use your computer to access iAquaLink.com? Try it and see if you have any difference in control.
I am still using iPhone X so no issues thus far

No. I’ve never used a regular computer for any controls. I think I logged on to test in the beginning just to see the site.

I noticed the issue in June (or maybe early July?). Recently updated the app on the 12 this week but haven’t tested it or used it on that phone.

Edit: Checked this morning. Yes slider on/off 12 pro still having issues. Specifically regards to turning off water features (booster pump) and cleaner (booster pump #2) when not on timer. Did not try on the main pump. Because the controls work on a different phone and the PDA we just assumed it might be that particular phone.

Last edited:
Check your speed assignments for the pump. You have 8 assignments so one must be assigned to the slide. It is possible that something got altered with the thrown CB earlier. If the speed assignments are correct, then delete the assignment to Aux 3 for that speed and then reprogram it.
Then set up a schedule for your slide to turn on then off. At the scheduled time, verify if the pump turned on and ramped up to the assigned speed.
Agree that disconnecting the PDA is good idea while you troubleshoot. Also, use your PC to check the speed assignments and AUX set up. I have found the phone app to be finicky when using the slide buttons on i
I think you nailed it. I went ahead and just cleared the memory to start fresh. Things appear to be working correctly. For some reason my Aux 3 wasn't in the JVA or Aux list??? But the slide was still showing on the home screen. I'll run things for awhile and see how it goes.

Thanks!

Reactions: HermanTX

I'm using a 13.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.