AQUALINK 3.0 WON'T CALIBRATE "UP" AND SHOWS WRONG POOL TEMP

Eileen R

Bronze Supporter
Sep 16, 2023
Florida
My Aqualink 3.0 is suddenly displaying the wrong pool temps (and the displayed temp sometimes bounces around to being VERY off and much lower than it really is). I have a manual pool thermometer to check. . Not sure if this is an Aqualink issue or pool thermostat. The app also will not let me calibrate upwards, only down, even on the website. This seems very strange. I Don't want to replace the pool thermostat unless I have to !

Is this an app issue ? I can't get any help from Fluidra.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP !!

Sounds like a bad temp sensor. They're pretty easy to replace and relatively cheap. If it's fluctuating, there's not much calibration can do.

Sounds like a bad temp sensor. They're pretty easy to replace and relatively cheap. If it's fluctuating, there's not much calibration can do.
Is there any way to isolate whether its the temp sensor in the pool pipes or it's the app not working correctly? As I said, the calibration function isn't working like before; it's supposed to allow a 4 degree up OR down calibration, and it will only go down now. Could it be a problem in the Aqualink's "receiver" of the temp data? Thank you.

The water temperature sensor is a 10K thermistor wired to the Aqualink board.

You can put a 10K resistor in plavce of the sensor.

If the Aqualink reads 76F the board and app are good.

If the Aqualink reads something else then replace the temperature sensor.

The water temperature sensor is a 10K thermistor wired to the Aqualink board.

You can put a 10K resistor in plavce of the sensor.

If the Aqualink reads 76F the board and app are good.

If the Aqualink reads something else then replace the temperature sensor.
Thank you ! I will pass this along to my tech guy; hope he knows how to do this.

Easiest thing is just swap the wires at the aqualink unit for air and water. Then if the air temp starts to be wacky you know that sensor is bad. Sensors are identical.

Reactions: Eileen R

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
BTW, the temp on the heater display matches the water temp on my floating thermometer. Does that help with diagnosis ?

Nope. The heater has its own independent temperature sensor that is not connected to the Aqualink.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.