Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
Decided to give this bot a try. I have an Aquabot 4WD, 9 years old, never stuck on drains, no repairs, so I have some faith in Aquabot. The only reason I'm trying new bots, is 9 years seems close to end of life, and the 4WD never did walls very well.

Received the SP200 today, it's in the pool running it's first cycle. So far it has been climbing walls well. One great thing is my old filters are interchangeable! I have an old set of standard and fine, and these new ones are called ultra fine. Not sure if I like the material (cloth-like), but if it's hard to clean, I'll use my old ones. Another plus is anti-swivel. Seems the cheapest robot with this feature. It's a different power supply, but same connector, so my gut says interchangeable. It's a great price, especially with 5% Target card.

Interesting, shipping box came from Israel, same as Maytronics headquarters.

Last edited:
Follow up. Ran 3 hours, probably 30% on walls. Not great on waterline because of center brush, but my waterline is seldom dirty. Picks up everything and doesn't get stuck on drains. Goes up 1 step, that's about it. I usually brush strips anyway. Filter is as expected, picks up dust, but pine needles don't hose off easily. I'm probably going to use my old fine filters most of the time, these maybe once a month. Love the anti-tangle swivel. Cable gets twisted floating on the water, but pulling it out untwists it much easier/faster than the old one with no swivel. It's a keeper!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.