Aquabot Pump Motor Sealant

ZenoParadox

Jul 29, 2020
New Jersey
Hi Everyone,
Quick question on an aquabot classic repair. The pump motor stopped working, so I took it apart, soldered in new capacitors and got it working again, no problems. Now the confusing part for me.. The capacitors were initially in some sort of sealant/epoxy about 1". So far I've read, replace it with Duct Seal, Sik N Plus, or some sort of Marine grade epoxy resin and hardener. I personally am leaning towards the duct seal, or GE Silicone but wanted to ask 2 questions, do you know what the original material was (I attached a picture), and which of these will actually work? I'm going to bucket test it first, so if it leaks, I'll just try something else. I thought the cable might have been what is technically the waterproof seal, so I don't think this necessarily is for waterproofing, but I can be wrong on that. Any advice/suggestions would be great, thanks!

Attachments

• 20230830_143319.jpg
    20230830_143319.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 8
Assuming this is a picture of your old capacitors...correct?
Are these components subjected to pool water? If not, the components are encased to prevent movement and damage.
If they need to be waterproof then ensure the material to be used it is not electrically conductive. Research the MDS and container instructions.
Can you post pictures of the cable penetration, and opened housing with the capacitors in place? Would be helpful to know what you are dealing with.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.