aquabot issue with only moving in one direction

michmike

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 11, 2011
Houston, TX, USA
hi all,

i have an older but up to this point very reliable aquabot turbo t-jet pool cleaner that is used about once a week in the summer and always removed from the pool and sprayed with clean water. recently it started giving me issues where it is only going forward and never backwards. I can hear the click command to change direction from the power supply but the robot never goes backwards.
this is not happening 100%. one night it worked perfectly for 2 hrs and then finally stopped going backwards. A week later it only went forwards.

This is a simple device, which is why i like it.
does anyone know what causes the Directional Valve Flap at the top of the robot to change direction (causing the robot to go backwards or forward)?
I know there is an internal Spring there, but how does this work? The reason i am asking is to check if that's what's not working versus for example the power supply.

thanks in advance

I was using chatgpt to learn more about the flap and this is what it told me.
"The impeller is responsible for generating the water flow that propels the robot forward, and it also creates a pressure differential that moves the directional flaps on the sides of the robot."
i wonder how I can test if the flap is or spring is damaged and needs replacement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.