Aqua Pure Generator reading high randomly

robl45

Oct 27, 2007
Parkland, FL
My aquapure has been fine, but now I'm having a weird problem. My old cell was dying I was pretty sure so I got a new cell. Before that though and to appease the wife before spending the money, I added some salt to the pool as the error for dead cell can also be because the salt is too low. Anyway apparently I didn't wait for the salt to dissolve enough before dumping more in and got my salt level to around 4200 which cuts the unit off if its over 4000. I added some water and got it down a bit. This is Florida though and water evaporates daily so it was rather low yesterday and I checked and it was reading about 4200 on the Jandy PDA device. I added some water in and it also started raining as well. I would say at least 3 inches of water were added. Maybe more. It went from near the bottom of the skimmer to right below the top pavers. Anyway, my 4200 went to 4500 which made no sense. Salt sensor appears clean. I do have another salt sensor that I never used that I thought about swapping in, but a couple of hours later it was reading normal again saying 3800 or so which makes sense considering all the rain that we had last night. I checked today and its about that level that it is reading. What could cause it to show an erroneous reading like that?

Sorry I wasn’t clear. The salt went in like 3 weeks ago
But then you diluted the water thus lowering/changing the salt level- it can take the unit 24 hours to catch up & fully calibrate the change. So long as it’s reading fine now & the swg is happy & producing you’re good to go. The readout & your testing will almost never match. They are calculated differently.

Evaporation of water and replacement of water will NOT change the salt level.

You must drain salt water out of the pool and replace it with fresh water to lower the salinity.

All salt tests have an accuracy of around 400 ppm. A change of 300 ppm can be a testing error.

The Taylor K-1766 or TFT Salt is the only accurate test and should be relied on when you want to determine actual salinity.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.