Aqua-PL- plus ppm instant reading in (-) is half of (+) & read very low vrs confirmed actual

It looks like the board is probably bad.

You can test the actual amperage if you want.

Get a true RMS DC clamp ammeter and measure the current by clamping around both red wires and then both black wires.

Compare the amperage to the board readings in both polarities.

1633364877143-png.375696

Hi. I checked DC amperes at both the black and red wires and the reading matches what the diagnostic reading is on the system ( meter reads consistent 1amp less than the panel reading) I switched from + and - . the problem is still there.
I check volts at cell and shows about 5.5v going to cell when on so ok.
Shut system down unplugged the white, grey, violet & blue wires to check the transformer & got about 2.1 ohms so good.
check transformer volts out at yellow & yellow got 23.5volts, good. ( btw the white & violet wires were switched and in the wrong place, I put them in the correct place.
checked all fuses and wires to make sure and all ok.

I think I will buy a new smaller cell maybe a t-9 and ( I don’t trust the warranty tech) and see if that fixes it.
is Blue Works Salt cells reputable?

if it doesn’t I will need to buy a new PCB

thank you for all your help!

Hi. I think the 5v was when it was off. I get 29 or 30v when on
I went through every test I could see in the Hayward trouble shooting guide And seems the numbers I got matched what it said I should get.
that guide didn’t show a test for the cell “ Plug” on the board so I tested pins the top 4 pins , between 1&2 and between 3&4 turned on filter and chloro and got about 30v

You are correct, I will contact Hayward for a replacement board. Just past warranty but I filed a warranty claim in the 1st 12 months stating I felt the boa4d was bad. They sent a warranty tech, he said bad cell, replaced it & charged $85 for the call, seemed better for a few weeks then low levels again, called him, he said chemistry, but it wasn’t . A year later problem still persisting called him again, replaced the cell again august 2020, same result a bit better for a while then same problem. Called him summer 2021 , said everything out of warranty. I started this testing.

I have everything documented including the original warranty claim for a board so I will pursue Hayward tomorrow
thank you

Reactions: JamesW
Hi. So I have installed a new Main PC board Hayward sent me, 2 new rectifiers, checked all voltage & amps against the trouble shooting guide, including the transformer, then we put the T-15 in a bucket with pool water and run the system ( dummy cell in place).
I reset the recorded salt level using the diagnostic menu both in + and - and the cell produces alot of visible and smellable chlorine. We have triple checked All the pool chemistry and it is ok. We have an electrical conductivity salt meet that shows 3700.
the Hayward aqual-plus shows. 800 to 1500 ppm

the only thing left is that the electrical sensor in the salt cell is bad ??is there a test for that?
any experience that the sensor fails giving a false low salt reading?
this is literally that last thing we haven’t replaced With new parts

thanks for any feedback !

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.