Aqua Link Issue: No ability to run Two-Speed Jandy Pump on Low?

The pool builder, thanks to expert input here, had to call a "certified" and trained Jandy technician to come in and find out why his install of the Aquapure system was not working. The Jandy tech found numerous incorrect issues and told the pool company owner that yes, indeed the pumps can run on two speed with automation. All this is in process of getting resolved. Homeowners should not have to go through this.

Reactions: PoolGate
Great. What other problems did the Jandy tech find?

Her aqualink app was unable to properly function and it had to do with wiring. I was not present. Her husband was there and he said it was kind of funny listening to the outside Tech tell the builder you got this wrong you've got this wrong, etc. And that he needed to buy a part to make the low speed side work. (Seems to me that part should come with a Jandy pump, no?) That builder also told my friend it was useless to put in a stenner pump acid feeder that I personally have and swear by thanks to recommendations on this site. It really makes me wonder who is out there building pools here in South Florida. Manufacturers also pay a price for this incompetence.

You need to get a Jandy 2-speed relay to operate a 2-speed pump safely. An example is here: Jandy 6796 2 Speed Relay Kit | PoolSupply4Less. Otherwise both high and low speeds could be operated at the same time. Best thing that could happen is a breaker trips, usually the motor is severely damaged.
Also, DIP switch #2 must be placed in the "on" position. The instructions that come with the relay are fairly easy to follow.

Reactions: panamax53
You need to get a Jandy 2-speed relay to operate a 2-speed pump safely. An example is here: Jandy 6796 2 Speed Relay Kit | PoolSupply4Less. Otherwise both high and low speeds could be operated at the same time. Best thing that could happen is a breaker trips, usually the motor is severely damaged.
Also, DIP switch #2 must be placed in the "on" position. The instructions that come with the relay are fairly easy to follow.
Appreciate the link, 1poolman1.
Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.