Gold Supporter
Nov 19, 2022
Oklahoma City
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
This is by no means a scientific test, but I did want to note here that I recently had our AOP system removed and I measured FC loss for the two days prior and two days after the change.

Based on what I can see, our FC loss was 1 PPM per day greater in the period immediately before the change compared to the period immediately after. Weather was pretty consistent across these days. If anything there were more clouds the two days prior. It was full sun the two days after.

I have seen a lot of discussions on this forum about how AOP systems consume some chlorine. I just wanted to put this real world experience out there. Again, not scientific, but it definitely appears there was some impact, possibly even as high as 1 PPM per day.

Our system was a DEL AOP -S with a sidestream installation (20 GPM through the AOP) running about 12 hours per day.

In related news, if anyone is interested in buying a used DEL AOP -S, I just happened to notice there is one for sale on ebay here -> CMP DEL AOP -S Ozone system for swimming pool equipment, used 15 months | eBay

Both ozone and UV-C light will react with and deplete hypochlorous acid. These are all competing oxidizers with very high oxidation potentials and so if they have nothing else in the water to oxidize, they will readily react with one another.

Glad to see you took the time to measure the loss rate like that. It's a helpful data point to have when discussing the cost-benefit nature of adding on these devices.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.