anyone painted or recoated their concrete decking???

vrolland

Mar 10, 2013
Florence SC
Hello, my Kool Deck is now probably 35 years old. It's in decent shape, there's some cracks which I've repaired, and 10 years ago when the liner was replaced the contractor also painted or recoated the decking. So it needs a new coat, along with a liner, but that will wait until October. Does anyone have a recommendation for what to use? The Dyco that Doheny's sells says it's slippery, you MUST add some other product and then the color might change ... the H&C that Sherwin Williams sells has only bad reviews on their website.

There's a product out there called Cool, made by Encore Coatings, that's what I'm leaning towards, anyone used this product??

Thanks !,

I used Dyco with the non slip sand additive last year to freshen up about 30 year old Kool Deck. It came out great, but only held up OK. Even though I removed all the loose material and pressure washed with TSP, it is flaking off in many spots this year. I will live with it and probably have it professionally resurfaced next year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.