Anyone Own a Dog That Loves to Swim?

+1 for skimmer socks. I also have a vortex leaf catcher on my cleaner which catches all the hair that's sunk to the bottom.

First pic - Branston my chocolate lab active in our previous pool (rented house)
attachment.php

And a more leisurely swim out to the steps at our current (own) house. He's going blind at 3 1/2 (retinal atrophy), but doesn't stop him jumping in and swimming!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 112
Wish our Rhodesian Ridgeback/American Stafford would go in the pool. He's such a baby :) He'll run around the edge of the pool all day long but if anyone is in it, he won't come inside the gate!

If I take him in the first thing I will do is show him the stairs. That's actually one of my biggest fears: being at work and watching Geno in the pool not knowing how to get out... Ok, no more sad thoughts and maybe I should teach him that regardless of him not wanting to swim.

I hadn't heard of skimmer socks, so thanks to all that suggested them and I will be ordering some.

Thanks for the pictures and the video!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.