Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Dear all,

A peaceful start of pool season did not last for long... my Intex SWG cell is most probably exhausted and my chlorine level dropped to zero with an incipient algae problem that I am trying to contain with bleach.
Finding replacement cells for the Intex SWG is hard and almost as expensive as a new unit... so I am considering whether it is the case to look for something else, given the short life of these Intex devices. I ran across the following: Turbo Salt Electrolyser - Natural treatment for swimming pools
It has a similar price positioning than the Intex, with some extra features (e.g. throttling output). I have already made a search in the forum but I have found nothing about it...
Anyone with experience or opinion about it?

Regards
Guido

Finally I bought another Intex... and just swapped the cell on the old one which was already piped.
Same model (26668 or QS500) but it got a revision vs. prior purchase:
- no more separated power supply, but built in into the plastic housing.
- cells plastic are of different color/material.
I would have bought just the cell, but it is hard to find and the complete unit is just 30 Eur more expensive...

Regards
Guido

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.