Anyone have problems with the Intex clear view ?

Lololoke

Jul 24, 2023
Northern California
I just finished putting up my Intex 16’x48” Pool and it does not look sturdy to me? It’s leveled and the legs are on pavers and alls good but it just doesn’t look sturdy. I’m debating taking it down and returning it but I’m hoping someone on here has used it and can give me some peace of mind. It is ten feet from my neighbors fence and I worry about the damage it might cause if it buckled.

Attachments

• EFB8001B-F78F-4255-ACC4-E1152E184F77.jpeg
    EFB8001B-F78F-4255-ACC4-E1152E184F77.jpeg
    769.5 KB · Views: 26
If it's truly level to an inch, and the bases are solid on undisturbed earth, it's fine.

I absolutely love these pools for the amount of people they 'let into the game', but that said, it's literally a bag of water that is going to flex. Particularly so once the kids get going being kids. :)

Reactions: Lololoke
Not clear on which pool you have - is it this one?

Ultra XTR® Frame Above Ground Pool w/ Sand Filter Pump - 16' x 48"

That's the pool we have, and, as Newdude noted, as long as the site is prepared properly - 4" thick pavers leveled to <1" variance sitting on undisturbed soil, and the area between the pavers where the pool sets is level - you won't have any problems. Site prep is critical; like the foundation of a house, the time to get it right is *before* you build a house - or erect a pool - on top of it. Remember, you'll be adding approximately 40,000 pounds of water into the pool, which makes for a very solid structure.

I installed our Intex XTR last year. I'm pretty AR about stuff, so I spent a lot of time on site prep and getting the pavers perfectly leveled. But it was time well spent, as the pool is up, functions great and looks good. It survived the winter without issue and hopefully will serve us well for years to come.

IMG_0746.JPG

Mine is the same size just a different color and has a clear view top panel. The legs are pulling in a bit I straightened the belt but they still seem tight on one side. Does that remedy when it’s full?

That's the pool we have, and, as Newdude noted, as long as the site is prepared properly - 4" thick pavers leveled to <1" variance sitting on undisturbed soil, and the area between the pavers where the pool sets is level - you won't have any problems. Site prep is critical; like the foundation of a house, the time to get it right is *before* you build a house - or erect a pool - on top of it. Remember, you'll be adding approximately 40,000 pounds of water into the pool, which makes for a very solid structure.

I installed our Intex XTR last year. I'm pretty AR about stuff, so I spent a lot of time on site prep and getting the pavers perfectly leveled. But it was time well spent, as the pool is up, functions great and looks good. It survived the winter without issue and hopefully will serve us well for years to come.

View attachment 516555

We bought a house and the pre-owners set the exact same pool up that you have. No ground prep or leveling at all. Stones sticking up through the bottom, water deeper on one side by about 2" and it still somehow stands strong even with three people splashing around. So I would argue with the effort you put in it will be totally fine structurally. But the posts might not be fully straight if you don't adjust them while filling the pool. So make sure to take the time to recheck levelness now and straightness while filling!

When you're filling the pool, you're going to want to be inside kicking the liner around the perimeter to get any wrinkles out. Two people is even better, as you can work 180 degrees opposite of each other. In addition, get outside with a level and go around and check each vertical support for plumb, adjusting as the pool fills. Using the level on the horizontal supports is a good idea as well, giving you a chance to make any small adjustments to your pavers before you get too much water/weight in the pool.

We bought a house and the pre-owners set the exact same pool up that you have. No ground prep or leveling at all. Stones sticking up through the bottom, water deeper on one side by about 2" and it still somehow stands strong even with three people splashing around. So I would argue with the effort you put in it will be totally fine structurally. But the posts might not be fully straight if you don't adjust them while filling the pool. So make sure to take the time to recheck levelness now and straightness while filling!
Exactly what I wanted to hear! Thank you!

View attachment 516555
Off topic... your pool and yard looks so good. Where did you get those clip on cupholders?

You want to be sure your paver tops are level with the ground- not higher otherwise it will stress the frame & liner. The frame & pool bottom must both be on the same level.
At least one of your pavers looks to be higher than the ground.
After remedying this, while filling you will need to keep leveling the legs in all directions as they will move until the pool is quite filled with water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.